Self-Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
The Emotional Quotient Inventory 2.0 or EQ-i 2.0 is the most reliable, valid, and highly researched EQ assessment tool available. It has been developed over 20 years based on the research of Dr. Reuven Bar-On and is used to measure an individual’s emotional intelligence, as well as their level of Well-Being. It is a collection of fifteen competencies grouped into five key areas:
- Self-Perception focuses on self-regard, self-actualization, and emotional self-awareness to assess an individual’s ability to recognize and understand their moods, motivations, and abilities.
- Self-Expression looks in-depth at emotional expression, assertiveness, and independence to measure the verbal/nonverbal ways an individual communicates internal emotions, shows confidence without aggression, and displays self-reliance in decision making.
- Interpersonal focuses on interpersonal relationships, empathy, and social responsibility to determine an individual’s ability to communicate effectively, resolve conflicts or difficult situations with compassion, and their willingness to contribute to the welfare of others.
- Decision Making looks at problem solving, reality testing, and impulse control to assess an individual’s ability to understand how emotions impact decision making, their capacity to remain objective by seeing things as they truly are, and the ability to resist an impulse or temptation to act.
- Stress Management focuses on flexibility, stress tolerance, and optimism to measure an individual’s ability to adjust emotions, thoughts, or behaviours to changing situations, how to actively withstand stressful situations, and how to maintain a positive attitude even in the face of adversity.
If you’ve found yourself wondering why you’re exhausted, more easily frustrated these days, and are finding it difficult to re-create your work identity as a means to career progression, you’re not alone. The technical and personal leadership skills of today’s workplace require new skills and personal resilience. The service and communication-based work world may be stretching your personal coping skills beyond your comfort zone.
With EQ-i 2.0 you can learn more about how to make your emotions work for you rather than disrupt you, as well as how to gain the self-awareness and entrepreneurial mind-set that you need for work-life satisfaction in today’s workplaces.
Interested in the EQ-i Package?
You’ll receive the EQ-i Assessment and 2 hours of personalized coaching.