The Birkman Assessment is a science-based collection of self-assessment tools focused on three key areas:
- Usual Behaviour includes your strengths, how other people see you, and how you act when your needs are met. This is an important step on your journey, as self-awareness of how others view your behaviour can help you understand the gap between how you think versus how you come across to others.
- Needs and Stress Behaviour focuses on how you act when your needs aren’t met and how you expect to be treated by both the environment and other people. When your needs aren’t met, your Stress Behaviour activates; by understanding this reaction and how it starts, you can take the steps to better manage your own needs.
- Interests reflects the activities you naturally gravitate towards; what you like to do inside and outside of work. It’s a simple step, but infinitely important in determining what motivates you, what guides your career decisions, and how to ensure you stay energized and productive in life.
Your results can include summary reports that help you understand and create goals/strategies for:
- Career Change & Career Exploration
- Personal Growth & Mindset Development
- Leadership Development
- Entrepreneurial Mindset Development
- Job Search Best Practices
- Interview Best Practices
- Stress Behaviours and Management Strategies
The Birkman Method can help if you are feeling dis-engaged at work, encountering barriers in your search or looking to boost your motivation to succeed in your business venture. It can provide insight and tools to help you address your barriers to success and set next steps to move your career change, entrepreneurial path or job search strategy forward.